• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Feb 2007

Facing adversity

This years team has looked the impossible in the eye and won the staredown.
    We expect so much from these guys and they know it. Letting down the Zagnation is not an option in their young eyes. This team could go down in history with just a break or two, here and there. God bless them all and good luck the rest of the way. We will always have the best fans and young men and women, so just do your best, thats all anyone can ask of a person in these trying times.

Zagnation will live on!!!
    "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.
  • TuckC
    Kennel Club
    • Mar 2007

They're not out of the woods. They need to win that tourney.

Comment

Facing adversity

Bulldog your thread takes me back to the beginning of the season once again when we talked here about the identitiy of this team. Resilient was one of my favorite words, and it's proven to be true of this team. My favorite word is Fuego, the fire that burns within....All of this adversity I believe has created the kind of fire we need burning inside that will inspire us tonight as we face San Diego in the fire pit.

I sometimes also think of a bird called a Phoenix. It's a symbol of my astrological sign so I've learned some things about this bird...and some of it applies to our Zags. Its a bird that regenerates when wounded or hurt. It's a symbol of fire (mmmmm). It is said that a tear from a Phoenix can heal wounds. And the main imagery I get is that it is a bird of regeneration or rebirth....a bird that rises once again out of the ashes of it's past.....

The fire has been prepared and is already slowly beginning to burn.....By 6:30 pm it will be HOT....and our Zags are going to play with a passion that we haven't seen yet!!!! GET READY ZAG NATION!!!! Just over 6 hours now....

Comment

Working...
      X