PDA

View Full Version : Katelyn Redmon Leaving Huskies

zagco
03-12-2008, 06:28 PM
Wow.

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=14090

Zagco saw her play in Boise this year. The Huskies lost the game, but he was certainly transfixed by how limber and bouncy she seems. Very good player. Wonder what happened and where she might end up?

P.S. Zagco was REALLY disturbed by the behavior of the new Husky coach in that game, and he believed at the time that she was going to run off some players. The team looked pretty unhappy from the get-go.

7ICoug
03-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Rumor is she is bound for GU.

Angelo Roncalli
03-12-2008, 07:34 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if she ends up at WSU--she was recruited to UW by Daugherty and some said she wanted to transfer when Daughterty went to WSU (but UW wouldn't let her out of her LOI).

Maybe she'll want to be reunited with her former LC teammate Heather Bowman. I'd be all in favor of that reunion.

Rangerzag
03-12-2008, 08:50 PM
Maybe she'll want to be reunited with her former LC teammate Heather Bowman. I'd be all in favor of that reunion.

Is there a ride available on the bus??

Angelo Roncalli
03-12-2008, 08:53 PM
The WBB bus holds more riders than the MBB bus...the women get 15 scholarships instead of 13.

Zag 77
03-12-2008, 09:19 PM
She fought like heck to get out of her LOI to UW but the now-departed AD there was an ass about it. If she did not play there this year she would have lost a year of eligibility, so this is all predictable.

I would think she would have been a lock to go play for Daugherty at WSU, but they at least a few years away from respectability, so maybe GU has a real shot.

Remember she has to sit out a year when she transfers.

hondo46
03-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Her Grampa was a Zag back in the day.

Zagineer
03-13-2008, 12:29 AM
Her Grampa was a Zag back in the day.

Let's hope that the saying, "Blood is thicker than water" holds true.

Angelo and Zag 77 - I remember hearing all of that (her wanting to leave the UW when Daugherty was let go) on the radio over here on the West Side (which is totally distorted by Husky bias). I was shocked back then that they would not accomodate her request.

Angelo - On an emotional level, I really do hope she is reunited with Hearther. I have a warm spot in my heart for all LC grads. My mother (now in her 80's) is a LC grad, BBall and Track & Field member. The scar in her calf from a bamboo splinter caused during a pole vaulting event is still visible to this day. Yeah, that's right.... bamboo. Can you believe it? Pole vaulting with a bamboo pole? Now that's some guts.

Oldsport
03-13-2008, 08:53 AM
It would have to be Heather's senior year before the pair could play together once again. GU would have Katelan for three years though. I watched Heather and Katelan play during Heather's senior year of high school. The pair equaled two state championships. It's only a dream at this point but I love the scenario.:) + :)

Coug Tracks
03-13-2008, 02:11 PM
My Dad and Uncle went to LC in the 60's so I have a bit of a draw to LC as well. My Dad went on to WSU (played football and ran track) as well. I'm a WSU grad as well so I'm biased in hoping Redmon ends up at WSU.

It is really too bad Redmon wasn't let out of her LOI in the first place. I hope she finds the right fit this time around and wish her good luck. She's a very good player and I have heard a great person as well.

Bamboo poles huh? Wow. That had to hurt!

Bulldog
03-13-2008, 02:14 PM
She definitely needs to be a Zag. Her grandpa was recruited to be a Zag while stationed at FAFB, when someone saw him playing point guard on a team at the base. The family I believe comes from the tobacco road region where basketball is a religion. Her uncle also happens to have taken the LC High school ladies to a few state championship games. She would fit in the Zag program very nicely unless she has higher ambitions, like maybe Tennessee.

xjzico
03-14-2008, 10:22 AM
The Pac 10 transfer rules might make GU the logical choice instead of WSU.

Angelo Roncalli
03-14-2008, 11:33 AM
The way I read the Pac-10 transfer rules, it's my opinion that there's not much chance KR will be transferring to WSU.

http://compliance.pac-10.org/thetools/4yrtrans.pdf

BobZag
03-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Rumor is she is bound for GU.

;)

xjzico
03-17-2008, 11:55 AM
That would be quite a get. Any other possible additions from LC?

zagco
03-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Why doesn't the entire LC team just come to Gonzaga? See if they can do it on that level?:D

Oldsport
03-17-2008, 03:02 PM
I love our Lady Zags just the way they are!:)

However, I wish we had Brittany Kennedy instead of her going to Oregon State. I have a problem that is shared my many of you out there. If our Lady Zags had all the NW players that we want then the team would be a couple of hundred strong.:lmao:

Oldsport
03-25-2008, 09:10 AM
With current attention on the NCAA and WNIT Tournaments I still can't seem to get Katelan's disposition out of my mind. Does anyone have any news? Where will this deserving player end up? I am convinced that any team she joins will advance to their next level.:adored: