PDA

View Full Version : Have Josh and Kuso played 1 minute together?

thespywhozaggedme
03-10-2008, 07:50 PM
I'm honestly trying to wrack my brain but for some reason I can't think of anytime in which it occurred.

Once and Future Zag
03-10-2008, 07:52 PM
I'm pretty sure they did for a few minutes shortly after josh came back, while Few was still working on how it all fit together.

ETA: i should say I recall noticing that they were...

thespywhozaggedme
03-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Which game? I just don't remember.

TrueLiz
03-10-2008, 10:34 PM
They did somewhat recently, and it was for quite a few minutes, but I can't for the life of me remember which game. I almost want to say at Portland, or maybe it was home against Santa Clara. But I do specifically remember watching and thinking "huh, Heytvelt and Kuso are out there together," and then a few minutes of real time later thinking "Heytvelt and Kuso are still out there together." Unfortunately, I am missing some memory skills and don't remember which game it was.

Just A Zag
03-11-2008, 01:02 AM
Me and my friends brought it up tonight. I don't remember an instance this whole season when this has happened. i think we should have seen it more, but I'm not Few...

Birddog
03-11-2008, 05:47 AM
They definitely played together about 4 or 5 games back. There was a similar thread to this one just before they played together (about 5 mins as I recall). After that happened, the OP made a reply about his prescient comment.

Zagpower
03-11-2008, 06:37 AM
I've been wondering the same all year. I would think Kuso's and Josh's games compliment each other well and with our myriad of interchangeable parts at the 1 through 3 positions, I'm not sure why we haven't seen that combo much. We could certainly use the defense and rebounding of Kuso while Josh can play his game and not get beat up guarding the other team's big.

Hextall7388
03-11-2008, 06:55 AM
Am I the only one who wonders why, when we couldn't buy a rebound last night, we continued to play with a 3 guard system and an undersized 4 in Pendo? Would it have been crazy to keep Heytvelt and Kuso on the floor at the same time to try to neutralize Pomare? The quote in the ESPN article was that rebounding is 95% desire.....well, I think few extra inches and pounds wouldn't hurt either. We were terribly out-rebounded last night and we left 14'4 feet (Sacre and Foster) glued to the bench. If Sacre is good enough to start the last 8-10 games, why didn't we have him in there for a few defensive possessions? He may have stone hands on the offensive side of the ball, but at least he plays with passion and brings a big body in the paint. Foster, while brutal on the offensive side of the ball too, IMO, could have made a difference under the glass with his 7'4 frame. Gurganious is one of the team's best rebounders....and he was glued to the bench. Even if it was for 2 or 3 minutes I wish these guys had seen some playing time to try to change the momentum a bit.

thespywhozaggedme
03-11-2008, 09:25 AM
Am I the only one who wonders why, when we couldn't buy a rebound last night, we continued to play with a 3 guard system and an undersized 4 in Pendo? Would it have been crazy to keep Heytvelt and Kuso on the floor at the same time to try to neutralize Pomare? The quote in the ESPN article was that rebounding is 95% desire.....well, I think few extra inches and pounds wouldn't hurt either. We were terribly out-rebounded last night and we left 14'4 feet (Sacre and Foster) glued to the bench. If Sacre is good enough to start the last 8-10 games, why didn't we have him in there for a few defensive possessions? He may have stone hands on the offensive side of the ball, but at least he plays with passion and brings a big body in the paint. Foster, while brutal on the offensive side of the ball too, IMO, could have made a difference under the glass with his 7'4 frame. Gurganious is one of the team's best rebounders....and he was glued to the bench. Even if it was for 2 or 3 minutes I wish these guys had seen some playing time to try to change the momentum a bit.

No you're not. That's kind of what I was alluding to in my thread title. Common sense would dictate that a Heytvelt/Kuso front line would compliment one another very well. One has a multi faceted offensive game who can block shots on occassion, the other a pretty good rebounder and defensive presence as well. Few is an awesome coach but he isn't above reproach. Unfortunately if you dare to question some of his moves, some of the more sensitive ones here will automatically switch all of your rep points from green to red. :p

Kiddwell
03-11-2008, 12:20 PM
I, too, wonder why Kuso and Heytvelt aren't on the court at the same time. In the last game we were getting whipped on the boards. So why not put two (or three) extreme jumpers together and even out the rebounds? We've got a height advantage on many teams. Use it, use it.

Hope we do against the big teams we see in the Dance.

Pargo - 6'2"
Bouldin - 6'5"
Downs - 6'8" (jumper deluxe)
Heytvelt - 6'11" (jumper deluxe)
Kuso - 6'9" (jumper deluxe)

That's a lineup, IMHO, that's "scary tall" for teams having to match up against it.

:]