• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zag70
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Where is the Pep Band?

No pep band in SD. Tragic....had to bear with SC's last night. When I asked the powers of the AD, I was told there was no money in the budget. Take away some of Mike Roth's Kudos BZ
  • Once and Future Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

What?!

Even back in the day when the Bulldog Band was held together with duct tape and baling wire the school hooked us up with money to go to to Salt Lake (95 NCAA) and Santa Clara (96 WCC tourney).

And that was when we were student-run rather than an offical School-run "organization."
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• lothar98zag
      PostPadder General
      • Feb 2007

as far as I know the band hasn't made the trip to the WCC tourney for a long time. I think GU would rather fill every student seat instead of having a section @ 50-75% capacity (the instruments take up a little bit of room).

BTW, the NCAA pays each school to send their band and cheerleaders to the big dance. And as far as I know the GU band has been to every mens NCAA game, except the 2 games in Seattle in 1999.
      youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• Once and Future Zag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Huh - I recall the band leadership had to work hard to get some money out of the Administration to fly us to SLC... maybe that's where they "found" that money.
        History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

Working...
        X