PDA

View Full Version : Kenny George and Will Foster

Nevtelen
03-07-2008, 11:55 AM
At least I think that was his name. I DVRd and watched the UNC Ashville semi yesterday and watched it. George is 7'7" and just an absolute game-changer. Look to him for what Will could do for us. George can only play about 20 mins a game because of knee issues and can't really run at all, but it was hillarious watching Liberty's guards dart into the paint only to turn around and dart back out again every time George was in. I doubt LIberty scored in the piant while he was in. Plus, whenever George got a lob pass anywhere near the goal he just turned and dunked it without even pretending to jump. He also had a nice soft little hook (more of a pivot than a *jump* hook really) that he used well.

Will isn't quite as tall, but is much more athletic. I hope Will can watch some video of what George does and can learn a bit. He was an abo####e game-changer.

(Granted, this was against Liberty, but still...)

alaskazagnut
03-07-2008, 12:08 PM
another 2 years of Div 1 ball. If his health and overwhelming size can settle in he could dominate. But his lack of any speed or stamina to run is unfortunate. Heck he even shoots almost 65% from the FT line. 10% better than Shaq.

I read an article on him in a magazine and he seems like a very nice, humble kid. He was teased relentlessly in grade school and Kenny didn't fight. He just waited till he was in 8th grade and he was 6' 2". The teasing stopped. I hope his life is long and happy after basketball.

Will has speed and stamina but just needs to learn the system better and bulk up. If he can get that baby hook to not always come up short on the rim then he will have a huge advantage.

lothar98zag
03-07-2008, 12:30 PM
...Plus, whenever George got a lob pass anywhere near the goal he just turned and dunked it without even pretending to jump. He also had a nice soft little hook (more of a pivot than a *jump* hook really) that he used well...

Hopefully WF's O will get to this point while @ GU. (It's definitely not there right now)

Lurknomore
03-07-2008, 12:34 PM
He weights a few lb's more than Will....I think that makes somewhat of a difference too.

hockeyzag
03-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I saw that guy on Sportscenter, the guy can literally dunk a ball while standing flat on his feet. They showed him do it, I can't remember ever seeing something like that.

thespywhozaggedme
03-07-2008, 02:05 PM
Having moved to Greenville last year, I'm only about an hour from Ashville and I've gotten to see a few games of KG's, not in person although I should.

He was blocking the heck out of UNC and Psycho-T looked like a dwarf compared to him. TH did get a dunk, although it was without a doubt a travel that didn't get called.

What seperates KG with WF at this time is that Kenny actually has skills that WF has yet to develop. If he could play a full game he's such a "X factor" that they could go to the FF because of him. Their guard Brian Smithson is very, very good as well.

TheOtherGreatOne
03-07-2008, 04:14 PM
in a half court game,kenny george could not be stopped. he not only 7'9''{in shoes],he weighs 365lbs.he is not only tall he is also incredibaly strong.it would be impossible to keep him off the low block.he also has excellent foot work,and is a good passer.if he played on a team that played to his strenghts he would be awsome.he plays on a team however that runs and guns and loves to hoist up the3.they jack up 3s a lot of times before the big guy even makes it to half court.to me not a very well coached team,considering their unwillingness to play to big kenny,'s strenghts.i've always thought that when youi have a special player,you play to his strenghts.those little guards jacking up 3s from all over does not really change the game. however someone as big as kenny,who actually has some skills does.