PDA

View Full Version : Parrish to the Huskies...Ouch

Zagquette
03-07-2008, 10:00 AM
¨Washington will play Saturday at Washington State, and barring some miraculous display the Huskies will close the regular season as the worst free throw shooting team in America (or any nation, it's probably safe to assume).

Why is this important, you ask?

Actually, it's not.

But I just saw a story about a blind woman who made a free throw at a Sacramento Kings game, and it seemed hilarious that a blind woman is making free throws while a group of recruited basketball players who spend hours in a gym every day miss 41.5 percent of the free throws they attempt. On the other hand, perhaps there's a lesson to be learned. And by lesson, I mean does anybody know where we can get Ryan Appleby some really dark glasses? ¨

First post since I moved to Bolivia. Even though, I haven´t been able to watch the Fuskies play. This comment tells me all I need to know. We can say with say without a doubt, exactly where the center of the Washington state basketball universe lies.

Peace

He also added:

A crazy prediction (but it might happen anyway): The West Coast Conference Tournament starts Friday night, and the "crazy" prediction here is that when it wraps late Monday, somebody besides Gonzaga or Saint Mary's will cut the nets and earn the league's automatic bid. More specifically, the WCC Tournament champion will be San Diego, and I'm basing this on nothing more than the fact that the Toreros are hosting the event. If I'm correct, the WCC will suddenly be a three-bid league. And that would probably push the BCS hierarchy to consider breaking away and starting their own postseason event.

Rubbadub
03-07-2008, 10:05 AM
Fuskies are only shooting 58.5% from the free point line? :eek:

Just A Zag
03-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Memphis is at 59.1. I wonder if Calipari makes them practice free throws, and then gets so bored with bricks that he says screw it and calls a scrimmage haha.