PDA

View Full Version : OT: Farve showing geniune emotion

Just A Zag
03-07-2008, 01:15 AM
For all the talk about how NFL's, NBA'ers, MLB'ers, and every major sport in america have become consumed with money over winning, Brett Farve showed me what it means to be the last of a dying bread. One of the main reasons I love NCAA basketball is due to the emotion that is displayed by "unpaid" college kids. Farve gave it his all in a game he loved, something you don't see that often today. For him to cry just shows that love for the game, and I really hope to maybe see that in more professional sports, but the outlook according to my eight ball is doubtful.

CarolinaZagFan
03-07-2008, 10:35 AM
You're absolutely right. I'm going to miss Favre next year. He was without a doubt one of my three favorite players of all time. IMO there has never been a player that got more pure enjoyment out of the game. I think he realizes how lucky he is, and wanted to enjoy every minute of it. I'm going to miss him running around like a 6 year old picking people up after touchdowns, or throwing snowballs at teammates.

Rubbadub
03-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Just an FYI to everybody, if you missed his retirement speech, turn on your tv. It will most likely be on any of a number of sports/news channels at any given time. You can't miss it.

Seriously, I'm fully expecting Favre to become a commentator for ESPN, just so the worldwide leader can continue to cram Favre down our throats 24 hours a day. Maybe they'll start a Favre channel, where the motto will be:

All flowery praise about BF's heart
--All the time.

MDABE80
03-07-2008, 11:20 AM
Maybe the NFL SHOULD have a Favre channel. He's one of the fe guys who actaully set an example of fine things. Good player , good man, good recovery, good records, good family man....good well....seems like everything about the guy is pretty top notch. Hell..........give him his own show!

gu03alum
03-07-2008, 11:33 AM
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb171/gu03alum/favremadden5rw.jpg

Dickau43
03-07-2008, 11:37 AM
lol @ that picture. Madden's dream come true :lmao:

I've been a Packers fan since 1994, when I was 11 years old. I'll be 25 when this season starts. I've either watched or listened to pretty much every Packers game for the past 14 seasons, and Favre has started every single one. I can't even imagine watching a game without him. I can't think of a single sports comparison to this. It's going to be tough to be Aaron Rogers.

Just A Zag
03-07-2008, 11:41 AM
It's going to be tough to be Aaron Rogers.

Especially if he fails...

TennesseeFan07
03-10-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't like the Packers(my papaw is a diehard though, and loves Favre) but I will say one thing. He give the game everything he had, and I respect him as much as anyone to have ever played athletics