PDA

View Full Version : Pargo and Mills named to NABC District 14 Second Team

FuManShoes
03-06-2008, 01:14 AM
An award that rolls off the tongue, eh? Congrats, Jeremy! With the big games he had against top-flight competition and the sick assist numbers, a case could be made for Pargo cracking the first team, but they deemed Low more worthy.

http://nabc.cstv.com/auto_pdf/p_hotos/s_chools/nabc/genrel/auto_pdf/all-district08

ebayzagfan
03-06-2008, 06:26 AM
When I saw the list of names for this award, I was amazed to see Derek Low on the first team. Low is a good player on a very good team, but his offense is streaky (to say the least) and one-dimensional. Very questionable selection. Pargo definitely has the edge over Low.

thickman1
03-06-2008, 06:31 AM
When I saw the list of names for this award, I was amazed to see Derek Low on the first team. Low is a good player on a very good team, but his offense is streaky (to say the least) and one-dimensional. Very questionable selection. Pargo definitely has the edge over Low.

Excellent point. Low has been very up and down this year. Pargo has been very consistent in his play.

Asotin
03-06-2008, 07:57 AM
It depends on what you are looking for. Pargo has been more consistent on O but Low is much better on D and is less turnover prone. All in all I would say that they are both good players but are vastly different and even play different positions so it is hard to compare.

23dpg
03-06-2008, 10:54 AM
It appears that the players are listed by how many votes they received. That would mean that Low and Pargo were probably close in voting. I would put Pargo over Low there also. The other picks are obvious. (Lopez, Anderson, Brockman, and Weaver)