PDA

View Full Version : Josh against UNC

surfmonkey89
03-05-2008, 01:47 PM
I'd forgotten what he looked like last year. Take a look at the video here.

http://larev.blogspot.com/2008/03/allow-me-to-digress-slightly.html

Pretty amazing to see what he's capable of.

BobZag
03-05-2008, 02:22 PM
I'd forgotten what he looked like last year. Take a look at the video here.

http://larev.blogspot.com/2008/03/allow-me-to-digress-slightly.html

Pretty amazing to see what he's capable of.

Josh is capable of that kind of performance when his ankle is healed. I found out over the weekend that the doctor says his ankle is healing but it's not healed yet. Part of the reason he has little elevation and is stuffed so much. Next season, if he stays healthy, we will see the old Josh. But not this year.

CarolinaZagFan
03-05-2008, 05:26 PM
I think about that game all the time and how Josh manhandled Hansbrough and Pargo holding his on against Lawson. That was one of the greatest days of my life. The cherry on top was that I watched the game with my Dad and brother who are both UNC alums. I still remind my brother of that game every now and then whenever he starts talking about the "Holier than Thou" Tarheels. All it takes when he starts getting carried away is, "Yea they're good, remember that time when we beat ya'll?"

hockeyzag
03-05-2008, 06:37 PM
I remember that day because one of my best buddies is a huge NC fan. So I decided to do something that I never do, and I bet him $30 that we would win. I took a 3 hour break in the middle of my work day to watch that game and when I got back to work I had my Batista jersey on jumping up and down like a mad man, it was the best feeling ever!
Then I took the $30, made them all $1's, and threw them up in the air so they would rain down upon me, fantastic day.

Nevtelen
03-05-2008, 06:38 PM
Josh is capable of that kind of performance when his ankle is healed. I found out over the weekend that the doctor says his ankle is healing but it's not healed yet. Part of the reason he has little elevation and is stuffed so much. Next season, if he stays healthy, we will see the old Josh. But not this year.

It is pretty clear that Josh is still not 100% out there. I was hoping he'd get there in the next couple of weeks, but if it's not to be, then it's not to be. I just hope that ankle heals up completely and as soon as possible and Josh can get back to being Josh.

To his credit, he's really seemed to silently bear up under what must be a tremendously frustrating and maddening problem - he knows better than us what he's capable of and to be battered around in the post has got to really get to him. He has made mistakes out there but is clearly giving everything he can. I feel for the guy and hope he makes the best out of this season and really comes back with fire next year.