PDA

View Full Version : CHN: Top Freshman

Butler Guy
03-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Freshman 10: Final Regular Season Edition (http://www.collegehoopsnet.com/new/freshman-10-final-regular-season-edition-41939)

Daye listed....

Rubbadub
03-05-2008, 01:39 PM
That's fair, considering his pt.

hls97
03-05-2008, 02:04 PM
It is an interesting question: Is Austin Daye disappointed that his national reputation has not exploded like Beasley/Love/Mayo/Bayless/Harden as a freshman? Granted, he didn't have quite that reputation coming in, but his talent level and potential are every bit as high. I wonder if he resents the way he has been used this year -- reduced PT, not starting, etc.? To his credit, he certainly hasn't gone public with any discord and, by all accounts, he is happy for now in his role.

I just wasn't sure whether he had NBA visions dancing in his head this early and whether he would be disappointed that he hasn't played a bigger role. (For selfish reasons, I am actually quite happy because I think it means he will return next year where he might not have had he played a bigger role.)

CDC84
03-05-2008, 02:20 PM
In Austin's own words, he chose Gonzaga because of the ability of the GU staff to develop players. That, and the small class sizes/academics. He, like every talented player, probably has aspirations of playing in the NBA one day. But he knows, as his Dad knows, as the GU coaching staff knows, that he is not physically ready yet for the league. He's already said he's coming back next year, regardless of what some of these NBA scouts are talking about in various articles. And he has no financial need to get in the league as quickly as he can.

The kid loves Gonzaga and his teammates.There wasn't a player on senior night that spent more time hanging around Pendo than Austin, and anyone who saw Austin leap into Pendo's arms after the SMC win (truly a sight to see) saw first hand what he feels about the team and his role on it.

ZagsGoZags
03-05-2008, 03:20 PM
such a great combination of good attitude and natural talent
it is so terrific for him and us

zagette
03-05-2008, 03:50 PM
The kid loves Gonzaga and his teammates.There wasn't a player on senior night that spent more time hanging around Pendo than Austin, and anyone who saw Austin leap into Pendo's arms after the SMC win (truly a sight to see) saw first hand what he feels about the team and his role on it.
Thank you for the post. It's wonderful to see the guys bonding.