PDA

View Full Version : UW just took down UCLA

madness
03-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Sloppy ending, but they hang on. Big weekend for the Huskies with wins over USC and UCLA at home.

(also helps GU's RPI)

Bulldog
03-03-2007, 12:11 PM
Huskies got lucky but I certainly enjoyed watching the Bruins go down. They are so cocky, its about time they got a gut check and it wouldn't surprise me if the Huskies go to the dance and that would not make me happy if we don't get the opportunity.

VinnyZag
03-03-2007, 12:20 PM
Believe it or not, if they get to the Pac-10 tourney finals - a big if, but not impossible - they'll probably get into the NCAAs.
And they'd probably get a higher seed than GU. No justice.

dawgfather11
03-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Huskies got lucky but I certainly enjoyed watching the Bruins go down. They are so cocky, its about time they got a gut check and it wouldn't surprise me if the Huskies go to the dance and that would not make me happy if we don't get the opportunity.

Lucky? How so, we flat out outplayed and outhustled them, UW earned this win with their defense.

batistafan
03-03-2007, 02:17 PM
Oh great, here they come again...

BobZag
03-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Lucky? How so, we flat out outplayed and outhustled them, UW earned this win with their defense.

At home.

If UW is invited to the NCAA's without winning the Pac-10 Tourney, it'll set a horrible precedence. Every money school from here to hell and back will schedule cupcakes at home with zero ooc away games, then feel they can skate by with one road win in conference against a bottom feeder.

Section 116
03-03-2007, 02:28 PM
I'm sure UCLA would offer no excuses but one wonders how much the Cougar game took out of the Bruins. Plus they had the PAC-10 wrapped up. There was however the opportunity to boost the chance as a number one seed and one would think that would have been plenty of incentive.

TM27
03-03-2007, 02:31 PM

Lucky in that UCLA played like a team that spent the previous night celebrating their pac 10 title. The UCLA team you played today had 0 fire, 0 defensive intensity, they just looked like they didn't get a sh*t. However, give credit where credit is due, it is not UW's fault that UCLA didn't show up...so congrats to UW for withstanding their run.

As for the tourney, UW absolutely has to win the Pac10 tournament to get in - end of story.

Nevtelen
03-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Abo####ely no way UW is dancing without winning the PAC-10 tourney. Gotta go with BZ on this - they've done abysmally on the road this year. UCLA didn't look like their usual self out there, but UW did actually play pretty good D (for once this year). My brain hurt from having to decide who I wanted to win, but I will cheer for pretty much anybody over UCLA. Even the Huskies.

dawgfather11
03-03-2007, 03:41 PM
At home.

If UW is invited to the NCAA's without winning the Pac-10 Tourney, it'll set a horrible precedence. Every money school from here to hell and back will schedule cupcakes at home with zero ooc away games, then feel they can skate by with one road win in conference against a bottom feeder.

So, we played GU and PItt at home? 21 wins gets UW in. Anyways back to your regularly scheduled husky hatin~

TM27
03-03-2007, 04:00 PM
So, we played GU and PItt at home? 21 wins gets UW in.

Ill take that bet. Let me know.

Nevtelen
03-03-2007, 04:34 PM
So, we played GU and PItt at home? 21 wins gets UW in. Anyways back to your regularly scheduled husky hatin~

And you lost both. Got smacked down in Spokane. Barely beat Az St on the road. Got beat by Oregon St. Sure you want to bet on that?

TuckC
03-03-2007, 07:53 PM
UW's only chance of getting in to the Big Dance is via Pac 10 Tournament Showings. If Brockman and Hawes can peak and work together like they did today, they might squeak in as a 9-12 seed.