PDA

View Full Version : a few modest blog proposals

gamagin
03-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Would love to see an OT (for Off Topic) thread for all those looking for an argument, to make a political statement or just to sound off or debate something other than GU's men's basketball.

No topic bothers me if placed in proper context. That is, I get a heads up.

If someone wants to change the subject and launch a missile or a missive, or just get into a pissing match, it's okay with me. I might even join in.

But not in the middle of an interesting dicussion of basketall or the team chemistry or somesuch that could or might have more ways to go until it is cut off by a food fight.

I don't think there's a tie in to the war in Iraq, for e.g., even though the war in Iraq is a worthy subject, and yes, it's a very important mess we're in, etc..Tie it in somewhere else. Or try and continue with an OT-Iraq thread that those who are interested can pick up while the rest continue the original title discussion.

Secondly, I think too many threads have different titles but are essentially about the same topic. If there are multiple batista pics, why have multiple titles to same ? that may be a bad e.g., but I can say I'd love to go through them all versus chancing upon them scattered throughout the blog.

Finally, if the titles are changed (for whatever reason) it would help to tag them some way. For e.g. if its "batista pics" in the first such offering, and someone changes it to J.P. Dunks it, the title should read something like:

"J.P. Dunks (was batista pics)" so there is a thread to follow and hopefully it will include both the old and the new pics.

I'm sure there are others. As this blog is developing and I am learning how it works, I find too much confusion and thus am becoming less interested in returning as time goes on.

Please forgive my ignorance if this has already been run up the flagpole, but I couldn't find a quick-easy button to file this suggestion/complaint. So i created another title and fired away.

RenoZag
03-03-2007, 08:29 AM
Would love to see an OT (for Off Topic) thread for all those looking for an argument, to make a political statement or just to sound off or debate something other than GU's men's basketball.

The On-Line Crosy Center tends to be the home of pop-culture, political debates, rants of assorted flavors.

gamagin
03-03-2007, 08:54 AM
RenoZag: The On-Line Crosy Center tends to be the home of pop-culture, political debates, rants of assorted flavors.
--

I'm afraid I don't understand. Does your answer mean this bkb blog and the Crosby one share the same forum, so therefore the OT stuff is mixed in somehow ? Or just what ? thanks.

RenoZag
03-03-2007, 08:59 AM
The Online Crosby Center is a sub-forum listed under the "General" Forum heading shown on the left side of the Board. The "OCC" is where the hot debates of a non-basketball variety tend to happen, though, as your original post pointed out, some times the basketball threads take sudden turns into politics as well. . .like you, I wish they didn't. There have been some great hoops related threads that disintegrated because someone interjected an OT (Off Topic) aspect to it.

Hope this helps.

gamagin
03-03-2007, 10:05 AM
wrote : << There have been some great hoops related threads that disintegrated because someone interjected an OT (Off Topic) aspect to it.>>

--

Exactly. Great way to kill a thread. But why ?