PDA

View Full Version : Pendo/Kuso were on live tonight

gamagin
03-02-2008, 06:15 PM
"The Best Doggone Zag show in Spokane Sun. nite."

Here are a few takes.

The show opens with an interview Sat night with Pendo about possibly sharing the WCC title (with SMC by losing Mon. to SCU), Pendo said: "No way we're going to share this crown. This is our league. There is no way we're going to share."

Show opens w/Ehlo and another fellow (name escapes):

Q: How you fellows feel about Monday night's game with SCU and it being Senior night, too, in your honor ?

Pendo: "I'm trying not to be too emotional. It's going to be tough."

Kuso: "I'm going to try save my emotions until after the game, until we cut (down) the nets (flashes a shy smile)."

Q: you said in our opening you didn't want to share the WCC crown, could ou elaborate?

Pendo: " This is our league. It's been ours for 8 years. We don't want to share. We don't want to see st. mary's with that WCC championship (actually a share of it w/GU) on their jerseys. Now way.

Kuso: "We just gotta take care of business (w/SCU) and it will be ours."

Q: Would you discuss your University careers ?

Pendo: "It's been great at GU. One main thing is the family at GU The friends I've made, like Ammo, J.P. Batista, Ronny, and there have been the road trips. It was all the little things that count. It's been awesome. It's been great. i'll never forget it."

Kuso: "My teammates helped me adjust quickly. Gonzaga has been a home away from home for me. Pendo has been my roomy on the road and I have good guys around me."

Q: Kuso asked about his role on the team

Kuso: "We run alot of plays so i felt like I'd come in and do my bit beating people up. It kind of worked out."

Re the rest of the season:

Pendo: Our goal is to win the ncaa champshipship. It's just a matter of going out and doing it. This is a new season right now and there will be no holds barred. It's a great atmosphere, the biggest stage in college bkb and it's everyone's dream and it is just great to play in it."

Kuso: We wanna make it to the final 4 and win it all. Past couple of months we been getting closer We know what it will take, we like our chances.

re after season what ? And do either of you plan to try the pros ?:

Pendo: I'll see what hapens, I might play overseas. I am planning to go to law school. We'll see. I definitely want to pursue my dream with law school."

Kuso: "Maybe I'd try the pros. I just have to wait and see.

What else might I do? I like working with kids, I think I'd like to run a rec center or something like that and work with kids.

Go Zags

ZaggyStardust
03-02-2008, 06:20 PM
I think it was Kuso who also said that tomorrow's game with SCU is just as important as the game last night.... LOVE TO HEAR THAT!

hondo46
03-02-2008, 06:21 PM
I absolutely love these 2 guys. We are going to miss them and remember them always.

omahazag
03-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the review!

Whatever path these two great kids choose, you just know they will be successful.

Oregon Zag
03-02-2008, 06:49 PM
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg63/zinniasjm/PendoKusoatK2.jpg

gueastcoast
03-02-2008, 06:52 PM
AWESOME pic, thanks! :)

ZagsGoZags
03-02-2008, 07:03 PM
After reading this, and the piece on Pendo a few days ago, and seeing the 9 piece set on Ronny Turiaf, I am convinced I went to the wrong college to get my degree. I want to be a GU alum.

GonzagaGurl08
03-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Wonderful picture OregonZag!!! It just reminds me why these two guys are two of my favorite zags!!!

MDABE80
03-02-2008, 08:43 PM
I watched the KHQ spot as well. I know David is beyond what I expected 54 years ago when he came to us. He proves it time after time. Kuso though.... what a nice surprise. I never expected him so be so ..........so.......gentle and gentlemanly. He's one of us. Not just a short time kid who filled in as best he could for JP. Kid's really impressive. I hope his goal to work with kids/children is realized. Don't know why it wouldn't be. Never talked to him and didn't know how fluent he is. He's just a great young man. Funny how those 2 are the ones always on the floor like sharks going after an oz of food. We're seriously going to feel the loss of these 2 kids.

FuManShoes
03-02-2008, 08:52 PM
It's a shame that people who don't follow the Zags much or who get seduced by offensive stats may not appreciate just how important Pendo and Kuso are to this team and this program. It's rare to have one player who will sacrifice everything and play every second like it's their last, let alone two. I've gotten into some cyber shouting matches defending Pendo and while I'm trying to stay positive -- something Pendo and Kuso could teach all of us -- I continue to believe that Pendo is pound for pound the best all-around Zag. I know, crazy. Anyway, I hope the youngins have been watching, because next year's team will sorely need a burner in the mold of these two.

jim77
03-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Pendo: Our goal is to win the ncaa champshipship.

Me likey.

rawkmandale
03-02-2008, 10:46 PM
If Pendo says it, so be it.

gamagin
03-03-2008, 04:50 AM
tns the pix.

I've looked at it several times. Can't help but get the impression that you could walk by these two guys anywhere and feel totally safe.

It would be totally comforting, knowing what we know, Except on the basketball court.

In which case, you would get the same friendly, non-thratening, even inviting looks & respect, the only exception being they would be running right over, around or through you. Your choice.

Oregon Zag
03-03-2008, 10:05 AM
tns the pix.

I've looked at it several times. Can't help but get the impression that you could walk by these two guys anywhere and feel totally safe.

It would be totally comforting, knowing what we know, Except on the basketball court.

In which case, you would get the same friendly, non-thratening, even inviting looks & respect, the only exception being they would be running right over, around or through you. Your choice.

They are both outstanding young men. I am very impressed with their good manners and ability to converse with anyone. We met Kuso last year after a game. He was with PMAC. We visited with them for 15 or 20 min. This year we saw Kuso again and he remembered our conversation and even where we were standing. I'm lucky to remember what happened yesterday!

gamagin
03-03-2008, 01:39 PM
Fine tale, well told. tnx