PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Matt and Downs

Reborn
03-02-2008, 11:52 AM
Super game for Matt. It's been a tough year for him from time to time, but he really stepped up last night. He reminded me of how he played against North Carolina last year. His play last night also reminded me of why he was selected for the U-19 USA basketball team last summer. He has such great star potential, but really needs to find the required consistency. His shooting really carried the Zags the Zags the first half when Pargo was sitting on the pine.

It was by far the best game by Micah, and he finally showed his basketball gifts. He looked like the player we all KNOW he can be. I found something inside last night I believe. He now, just needs to remember it.

Our guards, all four of them, really put it together as a unit last night and played the way they will need to play from here out. We just need to have this kind of outside shooting, and the awesome passing we displayed last night, and quite frankly many times before. The passing sometimes is just too inconsistent.

ZagAddict
03-02-2008, 03:22 PM
I can't believe no one else has responded to this post...

Last night's game showed how important Bouldin is to this Zag team... especially given that he gets 35+ minutes per game. Outstanding job Matt :)

I thought that Downs was a difference maker last night... especially down the stretch. His defense and rebounds were HUGE factors that kept the Gaels from getting back in the game. I believe Downs' height and wingspan causes problems for other teams and Gonzaga needs to take advantage of that.

Congrats to both Bouldin and Downs :D

MDABE80
03-02-2008, 03:29 PM
PLUS........a big hitherto unknown PLUS!!.......(Sili would like this)..Micah handles the ball better than we ever knew. Passes very very well. Rebound well too. I'm thinking it's good he's getting more minutes. Long, rangy, long, scores well. Good job Micah! Matt's needing consistency. If he could play like last night most.......if not all of the time, he'd be in the NBA in 2 years.

TacomaZAG
03-03-2008, 09:11 AM
Both those guys played really well. I haven't seen this on any other threads (sorry if it has already been posted) but I think it is very important to the success of the team in March. Matt played the 2 on Saturday, not the 3 that he has been playing recently, and it really showed in his production. He is a great 2, and a good 3. With Micah and Austin starting to get more minutes at the 3 & 4 (about time IMO), it allows Matt to go back to playing the 2, where he is a handful. I know this means reduced minutes for Gray (spelling Jeremy at the 1 and Matt at the 2), but we are a stronger March team that way.

With Pendo able to slide between the 3 & 4 as the rotation requires and Gray giving Jeremy and Matt a rest, I like our chances out front and on the wing. With Kuso bringing the energy and Josh rounding back into form, I can hardly sleep, waiting for the dance. I know it's one game at a time, but this is what we have been waiting for all year.

March Madness, I can't wait............................

Go ZAGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Reborn
03-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Amazingly, Gray had 24 minutes on Saturday, which surpasses Daye, Pendo and Downs. I think Gray's assests have turned out to be defense and passing this year. He just doesn't turn the ball over and that's huge. He's really a team player. His shooting will come along in time.

Larrylegend
03-03-2008, 11:15 AM
Micah Downs had a complete game:

8 points
6 rebounds
3 assists
2 steals
2 blocks