PDA

View Full Version : Inspirational victory...BUT

Reborn
03-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Greatest game this season by far. Dang did the Zags look great. This was a great example of what is so often referred to as team chemistry. The play flows, and the result is super execution and the ball going through the rim.

I really enjoyed the posts this morning too. Great job, gang. BUT my thoughts are really turned toward tomorrows game vs Santa Clara. As great as last nights game was it will be totally insignificant if we loose tomorrow or even play poorly. This is now the time for composure and humility...

I feel that I will have all next week (after Monday nights game) to talk about this great victory vs St. Mary's. And the great conference games this year. But right now I want to stay focussed on the Santa Clara game because if we don't get the victory tomorrow night much is lost I think. The team has really been coming together, step by step (though very small ones at times), and now it's time to get ready for the last and most important of them all.

Santa Clara lost to Portland last night, and I'm sure because they overlooked them. WE CAN NOT AFFORD THE SAME MISTAKE.

The greatest mistake is to overlook anyone. And honestly, I really doubt if the team will. Few is just too good of a coach. And I think the guys are too. They've really worked hard this year, and now it's showing and paying great dividends. Keep it up guys.

ONE MORE.

Just A Zag
03-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Right on Reborn- We gotta come out with the same intensity and focus for this game as we did for SMC. As for last night, I really liked how our offense ran last night- who thought we were gonna drop 88 on them?! That was sure a fun game to watch

former1dog
03-02-2008, 12:55 PM
Agreed, Reborn.

MedZag
03-02-2008, 01:02 PM
As great as last nights game was it will be totally insignificant if we loose tomorrow or even play poorly. This is now the time for composure and humility...

Have to disagree with ya on this one reborn. Last nights game won us the conference title and guaranteed that we wont have to see USD in the tourney semifinals. Both huge.

But yes, from a momentum standpoint, if we can "build" on this outing, things could get scary good.

ZagNut08
03-02-2008, 01:04 PM
Agree with MedZag, and to add to that, dont want to risk losing to santa clara, then dropping one in the tourney and having to worry about being on the bubble. with a win tom I feel like we should be a lock regardless of how we perform in the wcc tourney

zag67
03-02-2008, 03:14 PM
I have to agree with Reborn. A loss to Santa Clara would hurt in many ways. but one of the main ones is that it would give them confidence that they could beat us. And they might be the ones we play in the Semis.