PDA

View Full Version : Davis charged with marijuana possession

Angelo Roncalli
03-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Story:

http://www.spokesmanreview.com/breaking/story.asp?ID=9004

With no priors, TD would be eligible for deferred prosecution or a diversion program, either of which could lead to the charges eventually being dismissed without any conviction...which is my best estimate of exactly what will happen.

MedZag
03-01-2007, 05:21 PM
http://216.229.189.28/showthread.php?t=851

wazZag
03-01-2007, 06:11 PM
will be v. actually is, Angelo's link confirms that he was actually charged. I think he'll be fine.

MedZag
03-01-2007, 06:14 PM
Just posting it if anyone is curious of the previous dialog on the matter.

wazZag
03-01-2007, 06:32 PM
gotcha, I thought that right as I was posting it.

EngineerZag
03-03-2007, 07:13 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6488328

bigblahla
03-03-2007, 08:28 AM
I'ts regretful for Theo that this is has been so magnified due to his being a Zag. I understand why but it seems to me that without showing any favoritism the powers that be could have handled this better.

It has been well explained here to those that don't know Theo's history that his travels are not the making of a troubled youth but thrust on him by misfortune with life and family.

I for one think that if it is acceptable to the administration, coach, staff and most of all the team that when the legalities of this minor offense are behind him he be reinstated and allowed to join the team on the bench for any remaining games. Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

roxdoc
03-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Is there a possible immigration problem with the outcome of Theo's charge? On the basis of only the imformation given in this forum and in the press I would hope that the team would take him back next year.

wazZag
03-03-2007, 10:14 AM
I would doubt that it affects his immigration status, if it were a felony (as w/ josh potentially) it might be a different scenario.

treehorn
03-03-2007, 10:20 AM
Immigration Consequences of Convictions Summary Checklist (http://www.nysda.org/idp/docs/fileF_03_Immigration_Consequences_Checklist.pdf) (.pdf file)

roxdoc
03-03-2007, 10:28 AM
0.2 grams < 30 grams. Looks like he could be ok on that score.

gamagin
03-03-2007, 10:37 AM
imo, theo will face a greater problem with Few for disrespecting the curfew and the team than he will for possessing a roach.

My understanding is the MIP misdemeanor turns to the equivalent of parking ticket over time on his permanent record, so that shouldn't pose a real problem.

However, the curfew and disrespecting the program, teammates and the coaches could leave the situation irreparable. I believe it will be all up to Few.

And I heard Jud Heathcoat speak about Few's dissapointment at a luncheon shortly after the arrests. Jud said Few took a long time to get over the fact that either player had broken the curfew the night before a game.

The drug charges just added insult to injury.

time will tell, but I don't think braking Few's basic rules will sit will with either player, assuming the legal issues pass.

thespywhozaggedme
03-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Hey bigblah,
With all due respect, no one thrust a joint in his mouth. As the resident self proclaimed canadian preps hoop expert I'm well aware of TD's troubles. That being said, this, "he's a vicitm" crap gets old, fast. He's an adult and accountable for his own behavior. He's not a victim, not entitiled to anything and no one owes him a darn thing. Quite frankly your mentality is that of an enabler and I hate it.

This "no moral judgment about anything, ever" mentality is a poison that is afflicting our campuses nationwide. Never make a judgement about anything and then nothings wrong. When nothings wrong than anything goes. Once anything goes you have total and utter anarchy.

Theo and Josh screwed up, bigtime. They're not victims, they're fools, selfish ones at that. Do they deserve forgiveness? Absolutley, but humility and contrition are expected. Man up and except responsibility. No excuses.

GU69
03-03-2007, 11:07 AM
Do they deserve forgiveness? Absolutley, but humility and contrition are expected.

I agree completely.

However, there was a previous thread that suggested that at least one of them expressed some humility and contrition to the team at an early opportunity.

Sorry, but I can't find the thread or I would post a link.

gamagin
03-03-2007, 11:13 AM
wrote: << However, there was a previous thread that suggested that at least one of them expressed some humility and contrition to the team at an early opportunity.>>

I remember reading abov on this blog, too, and it said Theo apologized to his teammates and coaches. and that was fairly quickly after the arrests. Which is not to say JH hasn't had any contact. I don't know.

Symi81
03-03-2007, 11:23 AM
...0.2 grams, are you serious?!?! I guess thats the price one pays when gettin' busteed in Backwardville aka Spokaloo, Washington.

roxdoc
03-03-2007, 12:27 PM
He was charged in Cheney, home of those EWU Savages...er...Eagles.

Zaghuatanejo
03-03-2007, 12:38 PM
...0.2 grams, are you serious?!?! I guess thats the price one pays when gettin' busteed in Backwardville aka Spokaloo, Washington.

Cheney dude, not Spokane. If you're going to call out something like that at least get your facts straight. Spokane cops are much more lenient when it comes to weed.

bigblahla
03-03-2007, 02:03 PM
Whoa bruddah!

Hate's a strong word, don't like to use it myself, try to keep my kids from using it. You missed my point and focused on my comments about Theo's history making an assumption that I think he's an innocent.

He's as much a victim of Josh's poor decision making as his own. Don't know for sure but I doubt he looked at Josh and said "hey man, lets go see some babes in Cheney." Me thinks it's the other way round.

I believe in this case Theo is a victim of his own choices but to me breaking curfew and his commitment to the team, coaches and the program are more serious offenses than the roach in his pocket. Again my opinion.

My point is that throughout most of the country this is a minor non-newsworthy transgression and if he wasn't a player we would never have heard about it.

Go!! Zags!!!

Bulldog
03-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Cheney dude, not Spokane. If you're going to call out something like that at least get your facts straight. Spokane cops are much more lenient when it comes to weed.

Driving in Cheney after dark is like wanting to commit suicide.

They work on commission, such as so much for a speeding ticket, DWI, Drug's, the better the bust the better the dough.:mad: