PDA

View Full Version : A sign that our team is coming together

ZagMan in Philly
03-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Only 5 Turnovers in the whole game...holycow.
I had to check out the box score again and again

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/boxscore?gameId=200803010233

I am sure our coaches will be real please about that.

I am so happy to see our team coming together and playing with so much more poise.

We are a very deep team and should do very well in the dance.

Thanks Matt Bouldin for a great game, you are the MVP tonight :)

zag67
03-01-2008, 07:42 PM
I also thought that they were really coming together. But the MVP for this game was the team. The D that they played was super and some of the passes by Micah and Kuso under the basket were fun to watch. Also I thought that this was Josh's best game of the year. He was showing some hops and moves that have not been there all year. I hope that we can just keep watching it get better.

zagar
03-01-2008, 07:50 PM
From a turnover/fouls perspective, the whole game was enjoyable. Five turnovers for GU, and only eight by SMC. Only one player with four fouls (Pendo), 33 fouls total.
I still saw some typically awful WCC-Ref calls, but overall the refs let them play.

spudzag
03-01-2008, 08:03 PM
Hard to find a stat that doesn't look great. Shooting 52% from the field and even better from 3. 8 players scoring, 3 players in double figures. And assists = steals! Top 25 material, the selection folks will like this game.

ZagsGoZags
03-01-2008, 11:09 PM
We looked good, we were productive, I am overjoyed. 5 turnovers.

The weakest stat, IMO, is 9 assists. We were productive because virtually all of us were hot in heroic individual offensive efforts. Don't get me wrong, there were quite a few smart passes. But, sometimes we have over 15 assists in a game.

Maybe this will be our niche this year, and next year, NBA style. Indiv's are so dominant offensively they get the ball, go in on their own, and make lots and lots of points.

Are we evolving in this direction, when our bread and butter used to be pass, pass, pass, drive, kick out, and find the open man. But it worked, everyone was hot tonight. A beautiful spectacle to behold.