• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaszag
    Bulldog Fan
    • Feb 2007

Bracketology

To be clear, I don't even want to begin talking seeding (way too preliminary), but I WILL take note of Gonzaga's at-large NCAA berth prospects. Note that Lunardi has the Zags at a #6-seed, and also have them as an at-large (with St. Mary's the automatic qualifier at this point as a #7-seed).

Houston and Virginial Tech are Lunardi's last two at-large teams into the tourney as #13 seeds. This means Lunardi has Gonzaga AHEAD of at least 24 at-large berth teams (notwithstanding the Zags' RPI at #35 -- St. Mary's is at #31). Not a bad "cushion."

Lunardi is in no way the Selection Committee, but I am liking the trend, nonetheless.

Of course, Saturday night at about 7:05pm we'll all have a whole lot better idea about the Zags' at-large prospects...

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    solo deo gloria
  • 75Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2007

M I C K E Y M O U S E

We will travel to watch the Zags in the first round of the NCAA (and hopefully the next several games too!). Right now I like the Zags in Disneyland with a 6 seed. A heck of a lot better than going to DC or some God forsaken cracker state in the South. Denver would be fun too - GU plus Aspen beats Mickeyland.

Whatever!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Comment

• 23dpg
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by jaszag View Post
      To be clear, I don't even want to begin talking seeding (way too preliminary), but I WILL take note of Gonzaga's at-large NCAA berth prospects. Note that Lunardi has the Zags at a #6-seed, and also have them as an at-large (with St. Mary's the automatic qualifier at this point as a #7-seed).

Houston and Virginial Tech are Lunardi's last two at-large teams into the tourney as #13 seeds. This means Lunardi has Gonzaga AHEAD of at least 24 at-large berth teams (notwithstanding the Zags' RPI at #35 -- St. Mary's is at #31). Not a bad "cushion."

Lunardi is in no way the Selection Committee, but I am liking the trend, nonetheless.

Of course, Saturday night at about 7:05pm we'll all have a whole lot better idea about the Zags' at-large prospects...

http://proxy.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology
      There is a buffer, but not 24 teams. Many of those between Houston and GU are conf. winners.
      Birds aren’t real.

Comment

Cracker States !!! Can you say things like that in here

I love it...one of the real, very real avantages that the Major Progams have is that very often they get high seeds and play what amounts to near home games in the opening rounds. Wit is a gift and besides, there are no pole dancers in those Cracker States..

Comment

• jaszag
          Bulldog Fan
          • Feb 2007

Nice Catch 23dpg

A quick & dirty count scored about 7 conference winners between the Zags' #6 and Houston/VATech at #13, leaving the "cushion" at about 16-17 teams, per Lunardi. Still a good buffer.

But again, taking care of business tomorrow evening will go a long way to set the table for an at-large. Kudos, 23.
          Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
          solo deo gloria

Comment

Working...
          X