PDA

View Full Version : KC Material for SMC game??

BC1210is
02-28-2008, 11:38 AM
Have not seen this posted yet, but La Rev posted Omar's myspace page

http://larev.blogspot.com/

23dpg
02-28-2008, 11:40 AM
Oh god...no...please no.....just no!:(

MedZag
02-28-2008, 11:43 AM
http://a23.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/l_88ef102f94afdc7cead8657cc6e390be.jpg

Playa whhhhaaatttt??? Don't be sippin' on no haterade.

frontrangezag
02-28-2008, 11:54 AM
:lmao:

Akzag
02-28-2008, 11:58 AM
please ... do not ... go there.

Rubbadub
02-28-2008, 11:59 AM
oh dear...

lothar98zag
02-28-2008, 12:03 PM
be smart

TheBeast
02-28-2008, 12:04 PM
be smart

Please.

gozagswoohoo
02-28-2008, 12:05 PM
................... oh my....

rennis
02-28-2008, 12:05 PM
wow...that's a pretty ######-y page, even by Myspace standards...

Akzag
02-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Here's a timely article by Grant Wahl, "Over the Top" (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/sioncampus/02/26/abusive.fans0303/index.html) on college fans crossing the line. There is a fine distinction in what is acceptable. Each of us learns where that line is - for us, and for society - in our own way at our own pace. Some of us have just already been there.

ToreroStudent
02-28-2008, 12:55 PM
http://a23.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/13/l_88ef102f94afdc7cead8657cc6e390be.jpg

Playa whhhhaaatttt??? Don't be sippin' on no haterade.

Is that Golden? He looked so stupid with that mohawk he had. I think he chopped it off promptly after we leveled him in the best home game of my life :). I hate that guy so much.

lothar98zag
02-28-2008, 12:56 PM
Here's a timely article by Grant Wahl, "Over the Top" (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/sioncampus/02/26/abusive.fans0303/index.html) on college fans crossing the line. There is a fine distinction in what is acceptable. Each of us learns where that line is - for us, and for society - in our own way at our own pace. Some of us have just already been there.
Here's a photo gallery to go along w/ the article: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0802/campus.fan.abuse/content.1.html

and imho, the Steve Kerr-ASU incident is 1 of the top 5 worst ever - probably #1...

tenniszag
02-28-2008, 01:08 PM
Steve Kerr-ASSU fans was by far the worst fan moment in college sports.

ToreroStudent
02-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Steve Kerr-ASSU fans was by far the worst fan moment in college sports.

What happened? I am unfamiliar with this moment.

Akzag
02-28-2008, 01:18 PM
What happened? I am unfamiliar with this moment.

From the Torre article ...

In February 1988, Arizona senior guard Steve Kerr was cruelly reminded of the murder of his father -- Malcolm H. Kerr, the president of the American University of Beirut -- by terrorists in Lebanon four years earlier. In a game against archrival Arizona State, in Tempe, Kerr was taunted by Sun Devils fans, who yelled "PLO, PLO." (The Palestine Liberation Organization was never linked to the assassination.) Kerr responded by scoring 20 of his 22 points in the first half as Arizona rolled to a 101-73 win. Arizona State later apologized, and an anonymous Sun Devils fan attempted to do the same, explaining in a letter sent to Kerr, "There's no way you can understand . . . some of the things we have had to put up with when we've gone to Arizona over the years

lothar98zag
02-28-2008, 01:22 PM
according to this article, it was a few days later, not years...

"The only thing I'd rather do than watch Steve play basketball," Malcolm Kerr once said, "is be president of AUB."
American University in Beirut.
On Jan. 18, 1984, Kerr was murdered by Islamic militants for the crime of running that school. Two nights later, Steve cried before tipoff and then delivered his best game as an Arizona freshman, making five of seven shots against Arizona State.
He played to escape the pain. He even played the night an ASU crowd hit him with a sick chant of "PLO," sending Steve into a 20-point first-half rage.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/oconnor/2003-06-13-oconnor_x.htm

BC1210is
02-28-2008, 01:26 PM
Man, I didn't mean to start such a stir, but I think sometimes we are being too sensitive. Many of those signs in the article are creative, funny, and do not cross the line in my opinion. I would hope and believe that GU students know the line and would not make death threats, throw objects, and start homophobic chants. Yes we all know what happened a few years ago with a certain chant and hopefully that will never be repeated.
However, cmon when a D1 player has a public myspace page that is not blocked and he posts those pictures and that profile he is just asking to get harassed by fans in my opinion.
Kennel Club: We need you to really step up Sat. At the same time stay smart.

ToreroStudent
02-28-2008, 01:27 PM
Wow, that really puts things into perspective doesn't it? When we start dehumanizing the people who play a game for our entertainment and hitting them with chants like that what has this game really come to? Boy, Steve Kerr is a strong man.

ToreroStudent
02-28-2008, 01:29 PM
throw objects.

yeah, I've heard that's not a good idea. ;)

Once and Future Zag
02-28-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm pretty sure that this profile was deliberately "tweaked" for KC-baiting, to see if he can get them to throw something very over-the line out during the game.

Though - if he is actually gay, that's a ballsy thing to own up to at high-level sports. Not many (if any ever?) D-I level Basketball players have been out of the closet while active.

BC1210is
02-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I don't think he really is gay, but for whatever reason he has had his orientation listed as such since November according to the comments.

lothar98zag
02-28-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm pretty sure that this profile was deliberately "tweaked" for KC-baiting, to see if he can get them to throw something very over-the line out during the game.

Though - if he is actually gay, that's a ballsy thing to own up to at high-level sports. Not many (if any ever?) D-I level Basketball players have been out of the closet while active.
Personally I think ignoring OS completely on Sat would bother him the most.

He seems like the kind of guy that loves to be hated and plays better because of it.

cair3
02-28-2008, 01:58 PM
its easy to make a fake myspace page not saying that is fake but I could easily make a page pretending to be Michael Jordan and say all types of crazy stuff about myself.

ZaggyStardust
02-28-2008, 02:07 PM
My two cents - I think the shirts are more than enough to taunt OS.... There is a chance he won't get that many minutes anyway due to injury... Perhaps clever sayings about the others may be more encompassing - we want to get in the heads of the whole team, not just one player!

Carry On!

asoc
02-28-2008, 02:10 PM
Could be bait, could be the truth...
Myspace isn't that hard to hack either, been done to mine before.

I agree that those pictures in the SI article were funny and not over the line.

Akzag
02-28-2008, 02:14 PM
Man, I didn't mean to start such a stir, but I think sometimes we are being too sensitive. Many of those signs in the article are creative, funny, and do not cross the line in my opinion. I would hope and believe that GU students know the line and would not make death threats, throw objects, and start homophobic chants. Yes we all know what happened a few years ago with a certain chant and hopefully that will never be repeated.
However, cmon when a D1 player has a public myspace page that is not blocked and he posts those pictures and that profile he is just asking to get harassed by fans in my opinion.
Kennel Club: We need you to really step up Sat. At the same time stay smart.

fwiw - many of the signs they selected I found more funny than distasteful. Mocking another school's graduation rate - funny. Also, I found the "99 Beers on the Wall" chant to Cleeves to be hilarious, even if he didn't. Primarily, he was just a minor with some beer. If it had been, say, addressed to Coach Sutton, it loses the humorous aspect.

Truly agree that we need the KC to bring it on Saturday, but also trying to nip anything that might embarass the university. Go Zags!

zaguarxj
02-28-2008, 02:23 PM
I am Sam
Sam I am
Do you like
Omar Samhan?

I do not like him,
Sam-I-am.
I do not like
Omar Samhan.

Would you like him
here or there?

I would not like him
here or there.
I would not like him
anywhere.
I do not like
Omar Samhan.
I do not like him,
Sam-I-am.

Would you like him
in a house?
Would you like him
with a mouse?

I do not like him
in a house.
I do not like him
with a mouse.
I do not like him
here or there.
I do not like him
anywhere.
I do not like Omar Samhan.
I do not like him, Sam-I-am.

Would you like him
in a box?
Would you like him
with a fox?

Not in a box.
Not with a fox.
Not in a house.
Not with a mouse.
I would not like him here or there.
I would not like him anywhere.
I will not like Omar Samhan.

Would you? Could you?
In a car?
See his man-boobs!
There they are.

I would not,
could not,
in a car.

You may like him.
You will see.
You may like him
in a tree!

I would not, could not in a tree.
Not in a car! You let me be!

I do not like him in a box.
I do not like him with a fox.
I do not like him in a house.
I do not like him with a mouse.
I do not like him here or there.
I do not like him anywhere.

A train! A train!
A train! A train!
Could you, would you,
on a train?

Not on a train! Not in a tree!
Not in a car! Sam! Let me be!

I would not, could not, in a box.
I could not, would not, with a fox.
I will not like him with a mouse.
I will not like him in a house.
i will not like him here or there.
I will not like him anywhere.

etc...

23dpg
02-28-2008, 03:12 PM
I've posted this on here before but I'll do it again. I like Samhan. If he was a Zag, most on here would think he was great. The guy plays with passion. He went over the line by flipping the bird last year and if I was his coach, I would have made him run lines the next day, but cmon guys, get over it. When I was younger, I was kind of a hothead too, esp. on the court.

As for his Myspace page...probably fake or a joke. But even if it isn't...who cares? Seriously, I can't see why this issue is cause for such commotion.

lothar98zag
02-28-2008, 03:23 PM
Apparently SMC's team danced for their fans too. maybe the WCC title can be decided with a dance-off...

http://a693.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/67/l_4061c9722b331e749b011512e76ce3b4.jpg

jim77
02-28-2008, 03:39 PM
Instead of offensive chants...how bout some eardrum busting cheering. I'd like to hear it get as loud as it was against UW last year. Nothing worse than playing in a place to darn loud to even think!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGS!