PDA

View Full Version : A bit perplexing

SteeleMan
02-28-2008, 12:02 PM
This from today's Glockner chat....

Matt (San Diego): If the Zags lose at home to St. Mary's, and then get bounced in the WCC semis by USD, should they be worried about an at-large?

Andy Glockner: (2:12 PM ET ) Yes, I think they would be nervous at this point. The game Saturday at K2 is huge. The winner more or less wraps up the league title and should be on their way to the NCAAs regardless. The loser finishes second and then probably draws San Diego at USD's gym in their first tourney game (they get a bye into the semis). If they lose that one, it could be trouble, especially for Gonzaga, which has a lesser profile than St. Mary's and would have lost at home on Saturday.

Lesser Profile? Is this true? :confused:

Rubbadub
02-28-2008, 12:08 PM
If the Zags lose twice to St. Mary's and then lose to USD in the semi's, we wouldn't belong ahead of St. Mary's, as far as tourney seeding goes...regardless of who'd have a better overall resume.

CDC84
02-28-2008, 12:09 PM
To be honest, if Gonzaga loses to SMC at home, and drops the WCC semifinal game, they probably don't deserve to make the NCAA's.

SMC would have a better profile than GU because they would have beaten them both times in the regular season.

SteeleMan
02-28-2008, 12:18 PM
I agree with you CDC. I guess I was reading Glockner as saying at this point in time GU has a lesser profile than St. Mary's. He probably meant GU WILL HAVE a lesser profile than St. Mary's, which I can see.

jim77
02-28-2008, 12:24 PM
I agree with Andy G.....People are talking about seeds and we're not even in yet. JUST WIN.

Reborn
02-28-2008, 03:39 PM
I also agree, and for that reason I've said it's the most important game this year. What is so awesome is that the ZAGS are READY. It's just something I see in their play lately. Sure, St. Mary's wants this game as bad as we do. BUT!!! THEY ARE COMING INTO K2......THE HOME OF THE ZAGS!!!

Beiieve this...the Zags are READY!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

I wouldn't be surprised if they came out of the locker room with war paint on their faces. :D Can you imagine Pendo, Kuso, Pargo, Heytvelt LG, Downs and Matt NOT BEING READY.

THE FIRE HAS BEEN LIT.
FUEGO IS ALIVE!!!

Go Zags.