PDA

View Full Version : Saturday and dispersed Zags

frontrangezag
02-28-2008, 09:25 AM
Just for fun, I am curious as to what Zags around the US are doing for the game on Saturday.

Here in Denver, we are having a Zag get together at my friend's house. We should have about 5-7 Zag alums and their families for a big BBQ prior to the 6pm tip time here. It is supposed to be 65 degrees and sunny, a perfect Colorado day! (And of course it wouldn't be Colorado if we didn't have snow predicted for Sunday).

It is going to be a load of fun and I have been excited about it all week. Just got my son a new Zag's hat and can't wait to see my wife in her Zag's jersey!

Please share your plans/party ideas. I sometimes think about how Zags and Zag fans are watching games around the country and what they do, if anything, for games.

OT, we usually come up with our own nicknames for players. My wife told me Ravio looked like Barry Pepper. I am kind of bummed that I missed that for 4 years.

pbriz
02-28-2008, 10:31 AM
Just for fun, I am curious as to what Zags around the US are doing for the game on Saturday.

Here in Denver, we are having a Zag get together at my friend's house. We should have about 5-7 Zag alums and their families for a big BBQ prior to the 6pm tip time here. It is supposed to be 65 degrees and sunny, a perfect Colorado day! (And of course it wouldn't be Colorado if we didn't have snow predicted for Sunday).

It is going to be a load of fun and I have been excited about it all week. Just got my son a new Zag's hat and can't wait to see my wife in her Zag's jersey!

Please share your plans/party ideas. I sometimes think about how Zags and Zag fans are watching games around the country and what they do, if anything, for games.

OT, we usually come up with our own nicknames for players. My wife told me Ravio looked like Barry Pepper. I am kind of bummed that I missed that for 4 years.

My friends and I always thought Raivio resembled the sniper from Saving Private Ryan.

tobizag
02-28-2008, 10:41 AM
will be enjoying some big bbq hamburgers in north seattle with my wife, 3 other alums, and one of the alums parents. should be a blast!

GO ZAGS!

sittingon50
02-28-2008, 02:38 PM
Barry Pepper/ Sniper from Saving Prv. Ryan= same guy.

He also did a great job playing Roger Maris in "61."

(also in "The Green Mile.")

LongIslandZagFan
02-28-2008, 07:02 PM
LIZF will be coaching his boys U9 soccer team at an indoor tourney until 8:20 pm eastern. Meaning he misses the first half. Very not happy about it. I had asked for an early time for the tourney but was denied. :(

I will drive like a maniac to get home for the second half and live on text messages of scores courtesy of MSN.

lothar98zag
02-29-2008, 11:50 AM
LIZF will be coaching his boys U9 soccer team at an indoor tourney until 8:20 pm eastern. Meaning he misses the first half. Very not happy about it. I had asked for an early time for the tourney but was denied. :(

I will drive like a maniac to get home for the second half and live on text messages of scores courtesy of MSN.
why not tivo and watch the whole thing once you get home?