• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BobZag
    Dark Lord of the Zag
    • Jan 2007

Scouting 2010 Point Guard

Torry Hill, a 5-7 point guard from Anaconda, Mont., has an opportunity to be one of the country's special lead guards in a couple of years. She has good instincts for a guard her age, playing against much older players. She can dribble out of trouble, penetrate and dish or finish, and hit the three-pointer with regularity. She has a tendency to use a little too much wrist snap on her shot, which flattens it out. Like most young players, she can use more strength and seems to have the body type to accomodate that.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."
  • Vizagra
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Moses Lake FR PG

have you seen her play? I have only seen her stat lines which are very impressive.

Comment

• BobZag
      Dark Lord of the Zag
      • Jan 2007

Never have seen Torry play but am hoping the staff can convince her or her and her team to attend a team camp or the shootout. I'd see her then.

She sounds like a good candidate to step in for Vandersloot when Courtney graduates.

The home state schools are always tough to beat out for Montana kids.

Comment

• young julez
        Kennel Club Material
        • Apr 2007

BZ, I belive that Vizagra is talking about the Moses Lake point, Jordan Loera who is actually a 2011 player.
        Jordan is an outstanding player and has always played better than what you think a player her age is capable of. She played on an AAU team that came to play in the HoopGurlz tournaments in Seattle back when she was in 5th grade and was a great player even then. You can watch her yourself tonight on the following link as the semi-finals are supposed to taped and played for free. Good news for you Eastern Washington fans since three of the remaining teams are from your side of the state : )

Its all about the Bulldogs baby...
        Young Julez is in the building!

Comment

• BobZag
          Dark Lord of the Zag
          • Jan 2007

Oops, sorry, didn't see that at first.

Yes, I watched Jordan (and the ML big Carly Noyes) last summer in The Warehouse when ML went up against 4A State Champs LC. It was very difficult to tell much about Jordan because was playing against "40 minutes of Hell" defense and it was really tough on Jordan. She was a bit rattled and put up some air balls. LC will probably win State again, btw. But I liked how Jordan handled herself and she was just out of 8th grade. I'd like to see her this summer again. She definitely has potential and looks like a point. I had heard she's highly rated.

Comment

• a13coach
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by BobZag View Post
            Torry Hill, a 5-7 point guard from Anaconda, Mont., has an opportunity to be one of the country's special lead guards in a couple of years. She has good instincts for a guard her age, playing against much older players. She can dribble out of trouble, penetrate and dish or finish, and hit the three-pointer with regularity. She has a tendency to use a little too much wrist snap on her shot, which flattens it out. Like most young players, she can use more strength and seems to have the body type to accomodate that.
            There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
            Those who understand binary and those who do not.
            "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO
            sigpic
            E .· ` ' / ·. F
            The FOO fuels me.

Comment

Working...
            X