Yeah! We're going to the tournament! Hotel recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dogtownkid
    Kennel Club Material
    • Mar 2007

Yeah! We're going to the tournament! Hotel recommendations?

Does anyone know what area Jenny Craig Pavillion is in? We need to get a hotel/motel and would like to be fairly near Jenny Craig.
  • 77Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Aug 2007

Hotel Boulevard is within 5 minutes of Jenny Craig --
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• zagfan07
      Kennel Club Alum
      • Oct 2007

I'm staying in a beach house on mission beach. It's not as expensive as you'd think and it's fairly close to the campus.
      GU Class of '07

Comment

• DenDiegoZag
        Kennel Club
        • Feb 2007

Since it is still early in the spring break season, zf07 is getting the best of being at the beach and still about 10 minutes from USD. I would recommend a house if you have a good sized group or a family. Otherwise as has been posted you can go to any of the nationally flagged hotels in the "Mission Valley" area and you will also be about 10 to 15 minutes from USD. There are some other hotels in the area that cater to different needs like the Hilton on Mission Bay or the Catamaran on Mission Beach. Any of the hotels downtown are pretty nice as well, but these are a more healthy 15-20 minute drive to USD's campus...PM me if you have specific questions...

Oh, and to actually answer the first question of the thread, USD's campus is in an area overlooking Mission Bay and Mission Valley called Linda Vista.
        Last edited by DenDiegoZag; 02-27-2008, 11:07 AM. Reason: sp and last sentence
        Rolling down the street...with my mind on my Foo and my Foo on my mind...

Comment

SD

Hotel Circle both North and South are within walking distance. More importantly the Cheesecake Factory is also close. Just in case I beat you to the Cheesecake Factory and their inventory is depleted I have another spot in reserve. That spot is in Little Italy and call Extraordinary Desserts at 1430 Union St.. While we are at it here's another Hondo discovery--The Indigo Grill at 1536 India St for wonderful Southwestern food. San Diego is a great place to visit.
          Last edited by Guest; 02-27-2008, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• drnoe
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Don't forget to hit up El Indio for the best chicken burrito you'll ever taste. It's located south of 8, just east of the 5 (Washington exit).

Comment

• ZagMan in Philly
              Zag for Life
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by drnoe View Post
              Don't forget to hit up El Indio for the best chicken burrito you'll ever taste. It's located south of 8, just east of the 5 (Washington exit).
              I always stop by In and Out Burger for at least one time when I am in SDiego..love the simple menu there.

Comment

• DenDiegoZag
                Kennel Club
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
                I always stop by In and Out Burger for at least one time when I am in SDiego..love the simple menu there.
                Not to mention the things that you can order there that are not on the "posted" menu...
                Rolling down the street...with my mind on my Foo and my Foo on my mind...

Comment

• sdzag
                  Kennel Club Alum
                  • Feb 2007

When in San Diego always go these three places:
                  Mexican: Jimmy Carter's, Get the Veggie Burrito with Carne Asada, Mission Hills
                  Pizza: Pizza Port, Get the San Clemente Pizza, Del Mar (A bit of a drive)
                  BBQ: Phil’s BBQ, Point Loma, I would suggest a good Stone Brew with your meal and a nap afterwards.

That is SD Zags best of list!
                  SDZag does not represent the opinions of San Diego just the San Diegians on the Foo!

Comment

• zagfan07
                    Kennel Club Alum
                    • Oct 2007

The lobster tacos at World Famous on Pacific Beach are excellent as well. I think they're $2 a piece on Tuesday or Wednesday nights in the bar.
                    GU Class of '07

Comment

• sdzag
                      Kennel Club Alum
                      • Feb 2007

Yes world famous is great, crowded but great. Unfornuately all taco deals will not be on the days of the WCC tourny. It also has great breakfast and view.
                      SDZag does not represent the opinions of San Diego just the San Diegians on the Foo!

Comment

• Dogtownkid
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Mar 2007

Thanks for all the suggestions! We now have passes, plane tickets, and a hotel. Really looking forward to this!

Comment

• Bulldog
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Feb 2007

Mission beach condo for sure, best price and atmosphere.
                          "The Tipping Point - How little things can make a big difference" Malcom Gladwell

When you're playing for the national championship, It's not a matter of life and death, it's more important than that.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

sites to see

Seaport Village (downtwn), La Jolla, Torrey Pines Golf Course (site of 08 US Open), Coronado (across the majestic bridge), Pt Loma Lighthouse, Del Mar/Solana Beach/Cardiff....all the north beach towns......PS: USD has a Top Ten baseball team this yr (tho they lost to SDSU); catch a game near the Slim Gym...........rowdier areas incl Pacific Bch, Mission Bch, Ocean Bch, tread there w care......Dont drink and drive....for all the right reasons.....

Comment

• MJGoGaels
                              Kennel Club Alum
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by hondo46 View Post
                              Hotel Circle both North and South are within easy walking distance.
                              Hondo, after doing time at USD for the JD, there's no place close enough to walk to the Slim Gym. Hills that will have you huffing and puffing up Linda Vista.
                              On to Victory!

Comment

Working...
                              X