PDA

View Full Version : Zags and law school

lawprof99
02-26-2008, 06:26 PM
I understand that Pendo is thinking about law school, Mallon is, and apparently Cory Violette is. If Zach Gorde joins up I'm going to unretire for the chance to have that group in a class. Goss was fun, McPhee managed to avoid my classes. And Burgess was a "little" ahead of my teaching career. Those guys are all fun.

Rangerzag
02-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Looks to be the core of a great intramural fastpitch team.

BobZag
02-26-2008, 06:37 PM
McPhee only took the tough classes. ;)

Bulldog
02-26-2008, 06:37 PM
How many years of eligibility do they have left????????????????

lawprof99
02-26-2008, 06:54 PM
Bob Zag is pretty close to being right. Jim McPhee would rarely attend games while he was in law school (studying). Geoff would cut out of class at the break most classes had in the evening and work his way into K-1. Both delightful. And the great thing, without disclosing anything I can';t, is that their final GPAs were about the same.

BobZag
02-26-2008, 07:00 PM
99, ever been to Moscow, ID?

GonzagaGurl08
02-26-2008, 07:03 PM
I wonder if we could re-recruit them for law school, and then we could experience their magic once more. Or maybe we could have a law school bball team?

zagco
02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Well, back when Zagco was in law school from 1988-1991, these guys would have been key for us in winning an intramural basketball title. We won one. We had two guys that played college ball and one ex-college football player. Zagco played with goggles on, because it made him look like he MIGHT be good--back then, goggles were very chic in hoops. One of Zagco's fondest memories of law school at Gonzaga was the intense intramural program. We were very competitive, and we had many guys who were serious about playing very hard. We did all three of the big ones--football, basketball, and softball.

SunDevilGolfZag
02-26-2008, 07:06 PM
I understand that Pendo is thinking about law school, Mallon is, and apparently Cory Violette is. If Zach Gorde joins up I'm going to unretire for the chance to have that group in a class. Goss was fun, McPhee managed to avoid my classes. And Burgess was a "little" ahead of my teaching career. Those guys are all fun.

Those guys were all great players but I happen to know from personal experience that you were an even better professor.:) (Assuming of course you are who I think you are)

NanookZag
02-26-2008, 07:09 PM
No need to kiss butt of the professor, he already submitted your grades. And my grades. And Mantis' grades. Too many to name.

lawprof99
02-26-2008, 07:12 PM
Now that one got to me. Thanks so much. That's about as high of praise as a prof from the U of Idaho (originally, Bob Zag - who knew BOb Zag's football playing father) can get.

SunDevilGolfZag
02-26-2008, 07:15 PM
No need to kiss butt of the professor, he already submitted your grades. And my grades. And Mantis' grades. Too many to name.

cool -- more than 20 years ago for me.

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-26-2008, 07:54 PM
My GU law intramural basketball team narrowly missed the playoffs this year, but I think Pendo could put us over the top - just a hunch.

wiszag
02-26-2008, 08:06 PM
Those were brutal games. We won 2 out of three while I was in school. It helped that we had a guy who quarterbacked at Wyoming via Montana. McPhee was too smart to join in those activities. I think I lined up against 229 a few times, he was in undergrad.

And although I didn't take 99's classes, I only heard good things.

wiszag

Spike94
02-26-2008, 08:12 PM
I wish I would have tried to go to law school at Gonzaga. If only to stay on campus for three more years. I absolutly loved playing intramural softball. I remember hitting a window or two on the COG. I am getting misty eyed just thinking about it.

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-26-2008, 08:50 PM
Intramural softball fires up next week! Time to start cycling back on to the HGH, oops, I mean, uhhhhh, the protein shakes.... Yeah, that's what I meant to say.

229SintoZag
02-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Those were brutal games. We won 2 out of three while I was in school. It helped that we had a guy who quarterbacked at Wyoming via Montana. McPhee was too smart to join in those activities. I think I lined up against 229 a few times, he was in undergrad.

And although I didn't take 99's classes, I only heard good things.

wiszag

It was tough on the law school team's ego to lose to our undergrad teams back then. Nothing like beating the "Well Hung Jury." Fun times.

Fortunately, they could always drown their sorrows in suds at Jack N Dan's, where Wiszag had a barstool with a nameplate for a few years if I am not mistaken.

lawzag
02-27-2008, 08:44 AM
99, ever been to Moscow, ID?
lawprof, not sure its u, but if it is, had to personnally use some of that ComProp advice 5 yrs ago ;(

eliezar
02-27-2008, 09:22 AM
The Zags could help out my law school career at Texas Wesleyan by not playing any more Monday night games between 6:30-7:45pm central time. I can't help but have the game tracker on in advanced torts. I suppose they can keep the schedule the same for next year since we will be moving back to WA after graduation in May. Hopefully we will be able to see a few more Zag games live. I guess I will just have to study products liability a little harder this semester. :)

Eliezar

tyko
02-27-2008, 11:25 AM
Kind of related (in terms of GU and law school, anyway): I recently got the call from UCLA law to tell me I have been accepted for fall 08. I was very excited until the Dean of admissions said, "Yeah, so you'll just have to submit your official transcript from Gon-zaw-guh during the summer....."

It's almost a deal-breaker. I almost said, "Thanks, I've always wanted to go to USC."

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-27-2008, 11:35 AM
GU to UCLA?? That's sacrilege. KIDDING, haha! Congrats on the acceptence!! UCLA has an amazing law program. I actually did the exact opposite - UCLA undergrad and GU law. Be sure to represent for us "zawgs" when you're down south!

tyko
02-27-2008, 11:42 AM
GU to UCLA?? That's sacrilege. KIDDING, haha! Congrats on the acceptence!! UCLA has an amazing law program. I actually did the exact opposite - UCLA undergrad and GU law. Be sure to represent for us "zawgs" when you're down south!

Thanks. I will try to have everbody saying it correctly inside of one year; and that's a promise!

zagbac
02-27-2008, 12:53 PM
I was on a team that went undefeated in '83. That was sure fun. :D

strikezag
02-27-2008, 02:21 PM
During law school ('91 to '94), despite our advanced age and declining athleticism, our intramural football team won the championship all three years. We took great pride in outwitting the undergrad teams. Not to mention the pasting we gave to the other law school teams.