• Show
Clear All
  • pbriz
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Apr 2007

Hopefully I reflect the attitude of our team

Right now all that matters is Saturday.

A combination of hatred towards St. Mary's stemming from:

1. Samhan's trash talk, not to mention his hook against Daye that was called against Daye when Austin fouled out

2. Keating calling St. mary's the best team in the conference

3. Todd Golden's fistpump at the end of the last game

4. Seeing St. mary's continually being mentioned as the auto-bid

5. Letting a freshmen point guard drop 20+ points on us

6. The absolute B.S. our players have dealt with in the WCC refs

If I can hate this team this much, I really hope our players can hate them that much more. Gonzaga's home court is something special. Gonzaga is a legacy that needs to be carried on. I hope our players understand this and give St. Mary's a beating they will never forget.
    It's F4 or bust.
  • Once and Future Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2008

I'm getting a little annoyed with the attitude of the fans over a program that has yet to establish staying power - remind me again how many years in a row have St Mary's gone to the NCAA tourney?

How many years have they gotten 2 wins (2-0 or 2-1) over us - ever?

It's time to put down the hammer.

Go Zags.
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Comment

• jim77
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Just win.

Comment

• JohnOGU
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Feb 2008

No,not just win. Slaughter them. I hate them as well.

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

I kind of doubt that you do reflect the attitude of the team,pbriz. Yet, it may reflect the attitude of some players. I say whatever it takes to get the Zags motivated. If hatred works. Fine. If paybacks work, then fine. I would definately think that losing to them in their gym and the way we lost would give them the needed motivation.

But let's take a look at what motivates a player in a positive way because I truly believe that's the greatest of all. For me it would be winning the conference and being crowned champs that motivated me. It would be continuing the long, proud history that the Zags have had. How many conference championships have we won in a row now? It would be an attitude of "NOT ON MY SHIFT YOU DON'T!" I would be motivated by gaining a higher spot in the top 20, and a higher seed in the NCAA tournament. Hating to lose always motivated me too. The higher the stakes the harder one has to play, has to fight, has to be focused, has to be poised and has to be confident and believe in his coach and teamates. The stakes are high on Saturday. It'll take us just one step away from the championship. Lose Saturday and we won't gain it. If that doesn't motivate the team then nothing will. The problem is, St. Mary's will want the above as well. And that's where HOME COURT AND THE FANS can come into play. I really hope our fans "bring it" (fuego) on Saturday. And I KNOW they will.
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

I love pbriz when he's ticked off! We need him in the locker room next Saturday before tip off, with his game face on!

"Hate! Hate! Hate!"

Comment

Working...
            X