PDA

View Full Version : Saturday

sdzag
02-26-2008, 07:49 AM
I know that the WCC Reg. Season Championship is on the line Saturday but I think something more important is at stake. The biggest prize for winning on Sat is the chance to not see San Diego until the Championship round of the WCC tournament. I would hate to have to try to beat the Toreros three times. That would mean facing one of the hottest coaches in the country who also knows the Zag players better then anyone except for a few of our coaches. Letís get ready for a great game on Saturday and the ability to claim at least a share of the WCC regular season title!

SageOfZagville
02-26-2008, 08:07 AM
If we win on Saturday, and become regular season champs, we can thank one Brody Angley for fouling 80 feet from the basket. Call it destiny or what you will, but it is little plays like that when reflecting on a season that make all the difference. Hope this is a foreshadowing of good things to come.

The Sage.

77Zag
02-26-2008, 08:11 AM
So true...it is a very big game to set up the WCC tournament in San Diego.

#1 Seed has a big advantage for this group -- they play 4,5 or 8 --
SCU, Pepp or LMU (thus far) -- like these teams better than a chance at playing SDU in the Slim Gym.

finechina2003
02-26-2008, 08:34 AM
If we win on Saturday, and become regular season champs, we can thank one Brody Angley for fouling 80 feet from the basket. Call it destiny or what you will, but it is little plays like that when reflecting on a season that make all the difference. Hope this is a foreshadowing of good things to come.

SageOfZagville,

You and Coach Few are on the same page. In a recent interview in the Spokesman Review, Coach Few was asked if he could win a national title at Gonzaga. Instead of directly answering the question, he stated that people don't realize how much luck it takes to win in the NCAA tournament. The SageOfZagville has aptly named our "luck" Brody Angley.

FrosTbear
02-26-2008, 08:41 AM
Yes this is a BIG game for a couple of reasons first to claim at least a share of the WCC regular season title and second PAY BACK for the last meeting with St. Marys. I only pray that the whistle blowers let the teams play and then the outcome will be a true test of who is the best in the WCC. The last reason is this is our break out game as we get ready for the big dance.

sittingon50
02-26-2008, 12:03 PM
but I'm not sure why we're thanking Brody A.? If Zags lose that game & win out from here they are 12-2. SMC would also be 12-2. GU would own the tiebreaker via sweep of SMC.

VinnyZag
02-26-2008, 12:07 PM
except that GU didn't sweep SMC. I know, I've tried to block it from my memory too, but the Gaels really did win down there in moraga.

23dpg
02-26-2008, 12:08 PM
St. Marys beat us, remember?

JohnOGU
02-26-2008, 12:14 PM
was that St. Mary's that beat us? I'd say it was St. Mary's AND some ref's who beat us. Not trying to complain about a loss, but it is what it is.

EngineerZag
02-26-2008, 12:28 PM
Yeah but we would still get the tiebreaker by virtue of our sweep of USD.

And, we don't need to thank Brody A. The refs clearly made the wrong call, GU should have had the ball under their own basket with 3.8 to go (plenty of time to score) when Bryant blocked the ball and sent it out of bounds.

sittingon50
02-26-2008, 12:30 PM
Oops; was thinking one & typing another. The Zags would own the tiebreaker vis sweep of "USD." Thanks for jumping on that one, one & all.

freezer12
02-26-2008, 01:03 PM
Yeah but we would still get the tiebreaker by virtue of our sweep of USD.

And, we don't need to thank Brody A. The refs clearly made the wrong call, GU should have had the ball under their own basket with 3.8 to go (plenty of time to score) when Bryant blocked the ball and sent it out of bounds.

Go to the YouTube video, the ball CLEARLY goes off of Pargo (Big John blocked the ball right back into his shooting hand). I understand why you don't want to believe it did though. Carry on....

Once and Future Zag
02-26-2008, 01:06 PM
Care to explain how Golden (IIRC) jumping into Gray is a foul on Gray while you're at it?

freezer12
02-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Care to explain how Golden (IIRC) jumping into Gray is a foul on Gray while you're at it?

I saw that play. That call was inexplicable. Honestly, one of the worst I've seen all season. Props to Mark Few for not blowing a gasket.

CarolinaZagFan
02-26-2008, 01:13 PM
Did that beautiful being known as Samhan play last night against USD?

zagfan07
02-26-2008, 01:25 PM
Samhan played last night: 18 min, 7 pts and 6 reb.

ZagTrain
02-26-2008, 02:26 PM
Went to the game vs. USD last night. Samhan was pretty far from 100%, and if he is in the same shape on Saturday, I wouldn't expect him to see many minutes.

Patty Mills was also pretty ineffective. Not sure if he is having injury issues, just played a bad game, or what. But he does not look like the same player as earlier in the year.

Simpson is playing extremely well though. He is just an excellent all-around player, and he works hard on both ends of the court. If we can handle him and the 3pt shooters, I like our chances.