PDA

View Full Version : Solid game from Portland

former1dog
02-25-2008, 10:10 PM
I was so impressed with Portland in this game, I think it deserves its own thread.

A very young team with a woeful record played toe to toe with our Bulldogs for 3/4 of that game. They had a solid game plan and played hard and never gave up. It was quite apparent that they believed they could win that game and I just admired the hell out of that attitude.

Congrats Portland on a well played game. The final score didn't give justice to that solid and admirable effort.

RenoZag
02-25-2008, 10:20 PM
And they were without their leading scorer. Someone in the game thread observed that UP would be a handful at their place in the next few years as they get some additional seasoning.

former1dog
02-25-2008, 10:22 PM
And they were without their leading scorer. Someone in the game thread observed that UP would be a handful at their place in the next few years as they get some additional seasoning.

If they decide to keep playing that hard every game, they're going to be tough out on a consistent basis.

VinnyZag
02-25-2008, 10:44 PM
Box score on gozags.com says GU had 2 -- yes, 2 -- fast-break points. Great transition D by the Pilots.