PDA

View Full Version : Few was on ESPN Radio Saturday morning

Zag 77
02-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Quite by accident, I heard Mark Few being interviewed about the Tenn-Memphis game today. He gave lots of props to both. He said UM was very athletic but needed to shore up their FT's. He said UT has "hand quickedness" or something like that which drew a chuckle.

He was chatting about UT's ability to poke, slap and hack to get the ball knocked loose. He also pointed out that it was SEC refs in Seattle.

He said he likes where we are right now, playing well and healthy.

BobZag
02-23-2008, 11:34 AM
More elaboration, 77?

Zag 77
02-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Bob, I was standing there buck naked about to get in my shower.....

But, no big revelations. He said he considered the win over USD a big win. He mentioned having 2 of their top 6 being out hurt for a time, and Bouldin getting healthy.

He said the possibility of Memphis going 40-0 would be right up there with the Patriots if they had gone 19-0.

Maybe somebody else can remember more. He is good on these interviews, friendly and bantering with the hosts.

GoZags
02-23-2008, 01:20 PM
I caught ESPN radio about an hour after Fewie's interview. They were discussing the Roy Williams/Coach K "feud".

The announcer referenced Mark's interview the prior hour, and how he talked about how difficult it was coaching against one of his best friends in the world -- Billy Grier. And how it's going to continue to be difficult given that they are in the same conference.

They concluded that Williams and K are not friends, but they have respect for each other. The difference is that Few and Grier ARE friends, and they have respect for each other.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

".....I was standing there buck naked about to get in my shower....."

BTW 77 -- my Saturday would have been just fine without this image.

bartruff1
02-23-2008, 01:29 PM
I know you have to adapt to the officials but I think they screwed Gonzaga.. People that don't appreciate revenge...maybe have never been cheated.

CaliforniaZaggin'
02-23-2008, 02:21 PM
Does anyone remember what ESPN radio show he was on? The podcasts of a lot of those shows are available for free on iTunes.

wazmix
02-24-2008, 12:11 AM
......Not sure of the show name, or the host.

Coach mentioned the Vols' ability to 'hack' (and get no-calls, because they are so active on defense.)
(He said it in a "joking-but-you-really-aren't-joking" way.)

He also talked about both teams' ability to defend out-of-bounds plays, and how a team must prepare more than usual for those situations.

Said Memphis could have trouble winning 6 tourney games if it came down to FT's. (He complimented them on their ability to create offense from the defense.)

He also had glowing things to say about CDR, (and who can blame him.)