PDA

View Full Version : New Sticky Thread: Ask the staff.

bigblahla
02-23-2008, 09:24 AM
Open question to BZ, LIZF, CDC and Angelo.

There is a constant conversation on this board that we members participate in about what is going on with the team and staff add to that the recent speculation as to who is viewing this board the following idea popped into my head.

Would it be possible to have a thread where we Zag fans can actually ask questions of Coach Few and staff and have the questions and answers posted as a Sticky thread on this board throughout the season?

Questions about recruiting, players, other teams, offensive, defensive schemes, etc... No questions about why someone got pulled from some game or on decision making in a game but generalized questions that would not be personalized to offend anyone.

The general ground rule would be pose the questions you want with Mods and Administrators overseeing the questions. One question answered per Zag fan per season. Maybe have five questions submitted and answered per week identifying both the fan who asked the question and the staff member who answered.

Personally I think it would be great idea but that's my opinion. What's yours?

Beat the Pilots!

GO!! ZAGS!!!

BobZag
02-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Problem is, the staff does not answer questions about recruiting, players, game strategies, other teams, etc. They run a tight ship. A fan's only chance is to call the Coaches Show on KGA radio.

bigblahla
02-23-2008, 10:39 AM
I could understand not wanting to divulge an under the radar recruit but everything else is readily discussed in the media, on blogs and attributed back to interviews with staff and players. Is there an unwritten rule, an agreement with the beat writers and radio guys that they have an exclusive to the inside info? If not, then why not here?

Could it possibly be no one has asked?

Just asking BZ, it doesn't make sense that information is readily available through other outlets but not on this board other than second hand and third hand info etc...

Just my opinion.

Go!! Zags!!!

Birddog
02-23-2008, 10:40 AM
It's not just a tight ship, coaches can't comment about PSA's per NCAA rules.

gum797
02-23-2008, 11:34 AM
As much as I would like to ask the staff questions, the fact is they have bigger, much more important things on thier minds than us. The coaches show is enough opportunity for questions (even though no tough questions are asked, ie rotation, game management decisions).

zag buddy
02-23-2008, 11:48 AM
Great idea Bigblahla. One of the staff could be asked 5 to 7 questions once a week and then we could have one a day posted on our blog. Good thinking and great follow up.

Birddog
02-23-2008, 11:57 AM
I want to know if they do a "group buy" for chewing gum. I think they all chew except Krause. They couldn't let Bouldin in on it, that would probably be an NCAA violation

bigblahla
02-23-2008, 01:50 PM
It's not just a tight ship, coaches can't comment about PSA's per NCAA rules.

If that's the case then that makes sense. Thanks Birddog.

Go!! Zags!!!

Bulldog
02-23-2008, 02:24 PM
It is similar to the government of the country. You only let the public know what you want them to know. If everyone knew what was really going on then we would all be in therapy.