PDA

View Full Version : Dickau/Frahm on Dennis Patchin show

insidethekennel
02-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Inside the Kennel's interview with Dan Dickau and Richie Frahm will be on ESPN 700's The Dennis Patchin Show today between 4:20-4:40. Listen in as these former Zag greats share stories on past memories and talk about the current team.

Inside the Kennel is also heading to Seattle for the Lakers Sonics game this weekend to meet up with Ronny Turiaf so be sure to tune in next Thursday afternoon to hear what Ronny has to say.

Sorry to everyone who listened in for Jeremy Pargo last week and didnt get to hear him. There was some confusion on what time the piece what airing....

lothar98zag
02-21-2008, 12:17 PM
Will they be asked about playing basketball against each other in middle school?

GonzagaGurl08
02-21-2008, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know if there is a way to listen to this online??

ZagNative
02-21-2008, 03:29 PM
GonzagaGurl, I've turned myself inside out trying to find a way to listen online, but I'm convinced it's just not available. I'm hoping to hear it on 700 AM regular radio here in Spokane.

ZagNative
02-21-2008, 03:49 PM
The piece was very brief. The pithy part for me was when Dan Dickau was asked to comment on this year's team, after he commented that he'd worked some with Jeremy over the summer and Jeremy had insisted this year's version was going to be the best ever. Dan's didn't pull any punches: They have a ton of talent, but they don’t have the killer instinct that the old guys had.

Jeremy's piping up and saying, in effect, "Don't count us out yet."

So Dickau throws down the gauntlet to this year's squad. Find that killer instinct or else! (my words, not Dan's)

gamagin
02-21-2008, 06:09 PM
<< They have a ton of talent, but they donít have the killer instinct that the old guys had. >>

John Stockton said much the same thing just a few weeks ago. He said the team lacked toughness. This from a guy who had a bone broken in his leg in a collision with Michael Jordan's knee . . . and he only missed about two weeks.

that makes two junk yard dogs reminding the current crop that besides execution & style, sometimes you have to run through people, ignore the pain & mercilessly, relentlessly exploit the other's weaknesses if you want to win.

ZagNative
02-21-2008, 08:57 PM
Yeah, Gamagin. It could be this team's epitaph ... They just weren't tough enough. they didn't have that killer instinct ...

Or it could be the greatest motivator in the world. "they think we're not tough enogh. they don't think we have a killer instinct. Here, hold this!"

alaskazagnut
02-21-2008, 09:35 PM
and an NBA contract. Heytvelt's NBA future is in jeopardy whether or not we want to admit it. I truly hope the potential stress fractures are a thing of the past. But the plain and simple reality is that some types of injuries recur once the first episode has happened. Like stress reactions. Lingering injuries can end a career without much fanfare. I think heytvelt and staff are taking his time to make sure there is a balance between immediate contribution to the team and not re-injuring himself.

Oh yeah, back to the original thread, Few agrees that Memphis has that killer instinct. I would say also Tennesee and St. Mary's.

St. Marys has everything to lose March 1st. The killer instinct will be there in spades.

I will be rooting for them against Kent St.

gamagin
02-21-2008, 11:01 PM
I am positive this message has been on their plates for some time. It's up to them to go for it. Cut loose. Get a little crazy, too. Even have fun.

I think they will.

best regards,

CDC84
02-22-2008, 08:36 AM
I think John Stockon's opinion about this team's toughness might've changed a bit in recent weeks. The Zags exhibited about as much toughness as you can exhibit in that win over USD on Monday night.

The key now is to sustain it.